[mule-user] Polling Receivers in MULE

Reddy, Koti

Hi All,

 We are using JDBC, File and JMS receivers which are extending the PollingMessageReceiver. We would like to monitor the receiver threads.

  It looks like if there is any exception the polling message receiver thread dies and it never seems to start again. How do we restart the Poller?

Is there any way to control the receivers thru JMX?

We would like to be able to start the receivers thru JMX if for some reason receivers are dead.

Thanks

 Koti Reddy

--------------------------------------------------------------------- The message contains confidential and/or legally privileged information and is intended for use by the indicated addressee. If you are not the intended addressee: (a) any disclosure, reproduction, distribution or action you take because of it is strictly prohibited; (b) please return the complete message to the sender; and (c) this message is not a solicitation for purchase or sale or an agreement of any kind whatsoever that binds the sender. ---------------------------------------------------------------------

Re: [mule-user] Polling Receivers in MULE

Andrew Perepelytsya
Reddy,

Right now it sounds like JMX subsystem in Mule does not meet your
requirements. However, if you file a task in Mule JIRA at
http://jira.muleumo.org , you will help shape the next release's JMX
system.

Andrew

Re: [mule-user] Polling Receivers in MULE

Guillaume Nodet
The polling threads should never die as all exceptions should be catched
and handled gracefully
with the exception listener configured on the connector.  What kind of
exception is thrown that
make the thread die and for which provider ?
Could you also tell which version you use ?

Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

Reddy, Koti a ?crit :

> Hi All,
>
>  We are using JDBC, File and JMS receivers which are extending the
> PollingMessageReceiver. We would like to monitor the receiver threads.
>

>   It looks like if there is any exception the polling message receiver
> thread dies and it never seems to start again. How do we restart the
> Poller?
>

> Is there any way to control the receivers thru JMX?
>

> We would like to be able to start the receivers thru JMX if for some
> reason receivers are dead.
>

> Thanks
>
>  Koti Reddy

> The message contains confidential and/or legally privileged
> information and is intended for use by the indicated addressee. If you
> are not the intended addressee: (a) any disclosure, reproduction,
> distribution or action you take because of it is strictly prohibited;
> (b) please return the complete message to the sender; and (c) this
> message is not a solicitation for purchase or sale or an agreement of
> any kind whatsoever that binds the sender.

RE: [mule-user] Polling Receivers in MULE

Reddy, Koti

Hi Guillaume,

 I am using mule 1.0 and JDBC polling thread is dieing and not getting recovered even when I start my connector thru JMX.

I think the problem is here. This code is from PollingMessageReceiver class

    public void run() {

      try {

            Thread.sleep(STARTUP_DELAY);

            while (!connector.isDisposed() && !disposing.get()) {

                  if (connector.isStarted()) {

                  poll();

                  }

                  Thread.sleep(frequency);

            }

      } catch (Exception e) {

              connector.handleException(e);

      }

    }

I intentionally tried it with a BAD SQL to see what happens and I got the JDBCException only once.

When there is an exception thread is coming out of the while loop and the poll method never gets called again.

Thanks

 Koti Reddy

Reddy, Koti a écrit :

> Hi All,

>  We are using JDBC, File and JMS receivers which are extending the

> PollingMessageReceiver. We would like to monitor the receiver threads.

>   It looks like if there is any exception the polling message receiver

> thread dies and it never seems to start again. How do we restart the

> Poller?

> Is there any way to control the receivers thru JMX?

> We would like to be able to start the receivers thru JMX if for some

> reason receivers are dead.

> Thanks

>  Koti Reddy

> The message contains confidential and/or legally privileged

> information and is intended for use by the indicated addressee. If you

> are not the intended addressee: (a) any disclosure, reproduction,

> distribution or action you take because of it is strictly prohibited;

> (b) please return the complete message to the sender; and (c) this

> message is not a solicitation for purchase or sale or an agreement of

> any kind whatsoever that binds the sender.

--------------------------------------------------------------------- The message contains confidential and/or legally privileged information and is intended for use by the indicated addressee. If you are not the intended addressee: (a) any disclosure, reproduction, distribution or action you take because of it is strictly prohibited; (b) please return the complete message to the sender; and (c) this message is not a solicitation for purchase or sale or an agreement of any kind whatsoever that binds the sender. ---------------------------------------------------------------------

Re: [mule-user] Polling Receivers in MULE

Guillaume Nodet
This is corrected in the nightly builds.
Could you make a try ?

Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

Reddy, Koti a ?crit :