[mule-user] FileConnector with compression

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[mule-user] FileConnector with compression

ndijkstra
Hello all,
is there a way i can enhance the current FileConnector to add compression when writing to an outbound endpoint?
I actually need to compress a file loaded from a File inbound endpoint and store it elsewhere in a zip file and modifying the connector is the way i thought would be the most suitable.
Any suggestions are gladly welcome.
 
Greetings
Nicolás
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [mule-user] FileConnector with compression

Holger Hoffstätte-2
Nicolás Dijkstra wrote:
> is there a way i can enhance the current FileConnector to add compression
> when writing to an outbound endpoint?

I cannot try it myself right now but have you looked into
GZipCompressTransformer? It should be possible to pipe the data through it
before sending it to the endpoint.

Holger
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [mule-user] FileConnector with compression

ndijkstra
Thanks Holger for your reply. I looked into the GZipCompressTransformer javadoc but it didn't have enough information about the configuration options.
 
Nicolás

 
On 7/14/05, Holger Hoffstätte <[hidden email]> wrote:
Nicolás Dijkstra wrote:
> is there a way i can enhance the current FileConnector to add compression
> when writing to an outbound endpoint?

I cannot try it myself right now but have you looked into
GZipCompressTransformer? It should be possible to pipe the data through it
before sending it to the endpoint.

Holger

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [mule-user] FileConnector with compression

Andrew Perepelytsya
Nicolas,

I think if you get a hold of CVS snapshot, numerous test cases can get
you started quickly. If you do not want to checkout from CVS, you can
download the latest tarball here http://cvs.mule.codehaus.org/

Look at the bottom left section of the screen.

Andrew
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [mule-user] FileConnector with compression

Guillaume Nodet
In reply to this post by ndijkstra
Well, there is actually only one property than can be configured.
This is the compression strategy to use, but the only one defined
is the GZip compression.
So in fact, there is no configuration to do besides declaring it as
a transformer in your config file.

Guillaume Nodet

Nicol?s Dijkstra a ?crit :

> Thanks Holger for your reply. I looked into the
> GZipCompressTransformer javadoc but it didn't have enough information
> about the configuration options.
>  
> Nicol?s
>
>  
> On 7/14/05, *Holger Hoffst?tte* <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>     Nicol?s Dijkstra wrote:
>     > is there a way i can enhance the current FileConnector to add
>     compression
>     > when writing to an outbound endpoint?
>
>     I cannot try it myself right now but have you looked into
>     GZipCompressTransformer? It should be possible to pipe the data
>     through it
>     before sending it to the endpoint.
>
>     Holger
>
>