[mule-user] Cross referencing and message transformation

[mule-user] Cross referencing and message transformation

Andrew Rutter
I have a quick question regarding contextual cross referencing within mule.
If, for example, I have a client issuing a request with two attributes; a
location identifier and a payment method e.g. <Request
LocationIdentifier="LOC1" PaymentMethod="Credit Card"
PaymentTypeDetail="VS">

I need to perform cross referencing on the PaymentType attribute to map it
to "VISA" for example. This one is fairly simple other instances may be much
more complex

Are there components in Mule to manage this transformation or is the
preferred strategy to use XSLT to manage this process or develop a custom
component to perform a lookup against a database table for example.

I'd rather not reinvent the wheel if this is natively supported in Mule but
cannot find any references in the documentation

Kind Regards

Andrew

Re: [mule-user] Cross referencing and message transformation

Guillaume Nodet
There is no native support for this in Mule, so your only choice is to
use a transformer : either use the xslt one, or write your own.

Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

Andrew Rutter a ?crit :

>I have a quick question regarding contextual cross referencing within mule.
>If, for example, I have a client issuing a request with two attributes; a
>location identifier and a payment method e.g. <Request
>LocationIdentifier="LOC1" PaymentMethod="Credit Card"
>PaymentTypeDetail="VS">
>
>I need to perform cross referencing on the PaymentType attribute to map it
>to "VISA" for example. This one is fairly simple other instances may be much
>more complex
>
>Are there components in Mule to manage this transformation or is the
>preferred strategy to use XSLT to manage this process or develop a custom
>component to perform a lookup against a database table for example.
>
>I'd rather not reinvent the wheel if this is natively supported in Mule but
>cannot find any references in the documentation
>
>Kind Regards
>
>Andrew

RE: [mule-user] Cross referencing and message transformation

Andrew Rutter
Thanks Guillaume