[mule-dev] do I need jms in this situation?

[mule-dev] do I need jms in this situation?

m h-2
Hi all

We are using mule as our server framework.  Our server
receives a bunch of inbound xmpp messages, transforms
them to a POJO, and the mule passes them along our
various server components.

Setup (please correct if my assumptions are mistaken):

Since mule queues incoming events in memory (as well
as queueing objects getting passed along the
pipeline), if we get a spike of incoming xmpp messages
mule could crash.  We were thinking of using jms as a
buffer between our servers incoming endpoint and the
first component, so if the hypothetical super-spike
occurs mule can offload the messages in the queue to a
component that saves messages to disk.

Question: Do I need to jms to accomplish this, or does
mule have some sort of facility to handle this?

Thanx in advance

mike

http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: [mule-dev] do I need jms in this situation?

Guillaume Nodet
Mule's vm connector has built-in support for persistent transactionnal
queues.  If you use persistent queues, the items are store using
weak references so are discarded from memory if the garbage
collector needs to.  Just configure your vm connector to use
persistence.

This is basically the same features as a jms broker and you can also
use a real jms broker for this need.

Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

m h a ?crit :