RE: [mule-user] Error when receiving message

RE: [mule-user] Error when receiving message

tonj
Guillaume,

I sent the log files to you.

Please let me know if you need additional information.

Thanks,
Loka.

Re: [mule-user] Error when receiving message

Guillaume Nodet
You use nightly snapshots, don't you ?
Could you check that this error occurs only when setting
the JmsMessageReceiver log level to DEBUG.
Given the line of the failure, the only reason i see is that
your jms broker does not set the Destination on incoming
messages and this info is logged at DEBUG  level and may cause
a NPE if not set.

Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

Loka, Murlidhar a ?crit :

>When I try to receive a message - I get the following error:
>
>Any clue?
>

>[07/13/2005 19:47:10.291] [jmsConnector1.XXXXXX.receiver.1]
>[ERROR] [DefaultExceptionStrategy]: Caught exception in Exception
>Strategy: null
>java.lang.NullPointerException
> at
>org.mule.providers.jms.JmsMessageReceiver.getMessages(JmsMessageReceiver.jav
>a:197)
> at
>org.mule.providers.TransactedPollingMessageReceiver$1.doInTransaction(Transa
>ctedPollingMessageReceiver.java:80)
> at
>org.mule.transaction.TransactionTemplate.execute(TransactionTemplate.java:72
>)
> at
>org.mule.providers.TransactedPollingMessageReceiver.poll(TransactedPollingMe
>ssageReceiver.java:93)
> at
>org.mule.providers.jms.JmsMessageReceiver.poll(JmsMessageReceiver.java:162)
> at
>org.mule.providers.PollingMessageReceiver.run(PollingMessageReceiver.java:74
>)
> at org.mule.impl.work.WorkerContext.run(WorkerContext.java:290)
> at
>EDU.oswego.cs.dl.util.concurrent.PooledExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
>

>Thanks,
>Loka.

>This e-mail message and any attachments contain confidential
>information from Medco. If you are not the intended recipient, you are
>hereby notified that disclosure, printing, copying, distribution, or
>the taking of any action in reliance on the contents of this electronic
>information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail
>message in error, please immediately notify the sender by reply message
>and then delete the electronic message and any attachments.

RE: [mule-user] Error when receiving message

tonj
I use the nightly snapshots (11 july).

Yes, the error comes up only when the log level is set to DEBUG.

As per the code - it happens only for logging.
Is it (code) going to be updated or should the destination be set.

Also - on different issue -  when using file system for jndi lookup - the
bindings file "TempQPrefix" is left blank (as we use the Q as static local
queue for receiving only) - we get an exception stating that the tempQPrefix
is invalid and mule manager doesn't instantiate during startup.
I will try to recreate the error and post again. Meantime any feedback on
this?

Thanks,
Loka.

Loka, Murlidhar a écrit :

>When I try to receive a message - I get the following error:
>
>Any clue?
>

>[07/13/2005 19:47:10.291] [jmsConnector1.XXXXXX.receiver.1]
>[ERROR] [DefaultExceptionStrategy]: Caught exception in
Exception
>Strategy: null
>java.lang.NullPointerException
> at
>org.mule.providers.jms.JmsMessageReceiver.getMessages(JmsMessageReceiver.ja
>a:197)
> at
>org.mule.providers.TransactedPollingMessageReceiver$1.doInTransaction(Trans
>ctedPollingMessageReceiver.java:80)
> at
>org.mule.transaction.TransactionTemplate.execute(TransactionTemplate.java:7
2
>)
> at
>org.mule.providers.TransactedPollingMessageReceiver.poll(TransactedPollingM
>ssageReceiver.java:93)
> at
>org.mule.providers.jms.JmsMessageReceiver.poll(JmsMessageReceiver.java:162)
> at
>org.mule.providers.PollingMessageReceiver.run(PollingMessageReceiver.java:7
4

>)
> at org.mule.impl.work.WorkerContext.run(WorkerContext.java:290)
> at
>EDU.oswego.cs.dl.util.concurrent.PooledExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
>

>Thanks,
>Loka.

>This e-mail message and any attachments contain confidential
>information from Medco. If you are not the intended recipient, you are
>hereby notified that disclosure, printing, copying, distribution, or
>the taking of any action in reliance on the contents of this electronic
>information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail
>message in error, please immediately notify the sender by reply message
>and then delete the electronic message and any attachments.

Re: [mule-user] Error when receiving message

Andrew Perepelytsya
I think we could add the check for logging statement, but this is
merely a HACK. I'd prefer to find out why the destination is not set
to get to the root of the problem.

Regards,
Andrew

Re: [mule-user] Error when receiving message

Guillaume Nodet
This may be a slight inconsistance with the spec, as
the message is retrieved from the broker, mule can not
do anything.
I can not see anything but add a check on the destination
before logging.

Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

Andrew Perepelytsya a ?crit :

>I think we could add the check for logging statement, but this is
>merely a HACK. I'd prefer to find out why the destination is not set
>to get to the root of the problem.
>
>Regards,
>Andrew

Re: [mule-user] Error when receiving message

Guillaume Nodet
Could you please raise a JIRA
for the exception in the logging  system ?

Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

Loka, Murlidhar a ?crit :

>I use the nightly snapshots (11 july).
>
>Yes, the error comes up only when the log level is set to DEBUG.
>
>As per the code - it happens only for logging.
>Is it (code) going to be updated or should the destination be set.
>
>Also - on different issue -  when using file system for jndi lookup - the
>bindings file "TempQPrefix" is left blank (as we use the Q as static local
>queue for receiving only) - we get an exception stating that the tempQPrefix
>is invalid and mule manager doesn't instantiate during startup.
>I will try to recreate the error and post again. Meantime any feedback on
>this?
>
>Thanks,
>Loka.

I raised JIRA Mule-310.