RE: mule proxy web service?

Tashani Kathriarachchi
Hi David, can you explore the way so that i can manage user session in mule. My scenerio is

Web application( consuming web service) -- > > mule application( Generating CXF web service)

e.g mule have two methods like

LdapContext login(username, password) &
String resetPassword( String username, LdapContext context)

where LdapContext is not serilized

my question is how can I manage the ldapContext object in mule so after login, whent user sends the request for resetPassword() thyen I can use the same ldapCOntext object which we got from login(). I don't want to pass the context to webapplication.
I want to keep it in mule itself.

RE: mule proxy web service?

Tashani Kathriarachchi
Since LdapContext is not serializable, you'll have to create an in memory map of sessionId -> ldapContext. When login succeeds, create a sessionId (for ex. with a UUID) and return it to the caller of the web service. For resetPassword, have the client provide its session ID to look-up the related LdapContext. Use EhCache for this in-memory map to benefit from features like self eviction of old entries, etc... --------------------------------------------------------------------- To unsubscribe from this list, please visit: http://xircles.codehaus.org/manage_email

RE: mule proxy web service?

Tashani Kathriarachchi
Thanks David for the reply. I am very happy for your faster reply.

The way to do this I understood but can you elaborate the way in depth so I can do hands-on it, in the technical manner instead of only theoretically concepts. It will be great if you provide any sample code/application for that.

RE: mule proxy web service?

Tashani Kathriarachchi
Not really otherwise I'll be doing your work :) More seriously, if you understand what I'm proposing, what's holding you from doing it? Anything specific I can clarify? --------------------------------------------------------------------- To unsubscribe from this list, please visit: http://xircles.codehaus.org/manage_email