Problem about running multiple applications

Problem about running multiple applications

Adrian Brenes-2
I deployed two applications Hello and Bye under %MULE_HOME%/apps by following the standalone hot deployment instruction. After executing command line "mule -apps Hello", instead of starting only Hello, both of the applications are started. If I use Ctrl+C, both of the applications are stopped. How can multiple applications be started and stopped separately without affecting each other? (Mule CE 3.2.0)

Re: Problem about running multiple applications

Adrian Brenes-2
You can have many applications side by side in a mule - start new ones by just dropping a zip in the apps directory, touch the appname/mule-config.xml to redeploy or remove the textfile with the apps name in apps/ to undeploy/stop.

Something important to notice though, is that when using tcp - a port is bound by the first app that uses it, others will not be able to bind on it again.

Br
Emil

Re: Problem about running multiple applications

Andrew Perepelytsya

Are you sure the switch is -apps and not -application?

Andrew

On Sep 26, 2011 11:42 AM, "Xiaojie Shen" <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I deployed two applications Hello and Bye under %MULE_HOME%/apps by following the standalone hot deployment instruction. After executing command line "mule -apps Hello", instead of starting only Hello, both of the applications are started. If I use Ctrl+C, both of the applications are stopped. How can multiple applications be started and stopped separately without affecting each other? (Mule CE 3.2.0)

Re: Problem about running multiple applications

Andrew Perepelytsya

Ugh,  autocorrection.  -app

On Sep 26, 2011 5:40 PM, "Emil Hedenberg" <[hidden email]> wrote:
> You can have many applications side by side in a mule - start new ones by just dropping a zip in the apps directory, touch the appname/mule-config.xml to redeploy or remove the textfile with the apps name in apps/ to undeploy/stop.
>
> Something important to notice though, is that when using tcp - a port is bound by the first app that uses it, others will not be able to bind on it again.
>
> Br
> Emil

Re: Problem about running multiple applications

Adrian Brenes-2
Hi Emil, I'm afraid what you suggested doesn't answer my question or maybe I didn't understand you. I want to freely start/stop single application without affecting status of other applications. From what I can see, mule command "mule -app appname" starts all deployed applications instead of only the specified appname.

Re: Problem about running multiple applications

Adrian Brenes-2
Yes, Andrew. Actually  "mule -application" gives same result as "mule -app"..

Re: Problem about running multiple applications

Magnus Larsson-8
Have you looked at the MMC for Mule ESB EE or any JMX-console (such as JConsole in Java SE) for Mule ESB CE?

MMC can easily help you, a bit more work with JMX.

Regards,
Magnus.

On Tue, Sep 27, 2011 at 10:05 AM, Xiaojie Shen <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Emil, I'm afraid what you suggested doesn't answer my question or maybe I didn't understand you. I want to freely start/stop single application without affecting status of other applications. From what I can see, mule command "mule -app appname" starts all deployed applications instead of only the specified appname.

Re: Problem about running multiple applications

Adrian Brenes-2
Ah, i equalled undeploy and stop. There is no good way to just stop an app, without MMC.

Re: Problem about running multiple applications

Adrian Brenes-2
Hi all, thank you! The right command to start/stop single application is "mule -app". "mule -apps" and "mule -application" start all applications. Sorry for the confusion. Now clear :-)

Re: Problem about running multiple applications

peerbashaedu
This post was updated on .
Hi

Me also having same issue, Please let me know whats the command to start /stop the single app without effecting other apps running in the same instance

thanks
peer