Is it possible to develop custom configuration patterns in Mule 3.0?

Is it possible to develop custom configuration patterns in Mule 3.0?

Magnus Larsson-8
Hello!

I have just started to look into custom configuration patterns in Mule 3.0 and really like the idea!

Is it possible to develop own custom configuration patterns?
E.g. as a way for an organisation to standardize on how they have decided to use Mule for a pre-defined set of integration scenarios...

Regards,
Magnus.
--
Magnus Larsson

Callista Enterprise AB
Mobile: +46 (0)733-51 91 72
mailto:[hidden email]
http://www.callistaenterprise.se

Re: Is it possible to develop custom configuration patterns in Mule 3.0?

Daniel Feist
Hi Magnus,

Yes, of course, although we don't currently have any documentation on this.  I can give you a quick summary here though:

Now that Mules internals have been decoupled substantially you can easily construct new patterns from one or more building blocks without having to wrestle with services.  This is what you'd need to do:

- Extend AbstractFlowConstruct, giving your subclass any setters/getters required for your pattern and implementing the methods that configure the message processor chain that is used and validate it.  You can look at simple-service, bridge and ws-proxy implementations for examples.
- Create your own schema and namesapce handler to configure your new pattern(s).  We can docuementation on this as part of the "creating your own transport" section, also spring has documentation on this.

Any questions,, just let us know...

Dan

On Sep 30, 2010, at 5:44 AM, Magnus Larsson wrote:

Hello!

I have just started to look into custom configuration patterns in Mule 3.0 and really like the idea!

Is it possible to develop own custom configuration patterns?
E.g. as a way for an organisation to standardize on how they have decided to use Mule for a pre-defined set of integration scenarios...

Regards,
Magnus.
--
Magnus Larsson

Callista Enterprise AB
Mobile: +46 (0)733-51 91 72
mailto:[hidden email]
http://www.callistaenterprise.se

Re: Is it possible to develop custom configuration patterns in Mule 3.0?

Magnus Larsson-8
Thanks for the directions!

I have already started to look into the source code of Mule 3.0, who needs documentation ;-)

I'll get back with new questions once I've got time to get stuck :-)

Regards,
Magnus.
--

On Thu, Sep 30, 2010 at 12:43 PM, Daniel Feist <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

mjhoffman65
I created a custom configuration pattern following Daniel's advice.  It is working great, but my pattern is not visible in Mule Studio's 'Message Flow' UI.

Is there a way to register my pattern with Mule Studio?

<quote author="Daniel Feist">